Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Trial Update

Today was a really tough day in court. It started with my father having to relive everything on the stand. It was upsetting. Then I had to testify right after him. I had to identify my Mother's jewelry and tell how her jewelry was returned to me after the first trial. How I took my grandmother's diamond ring guard and had my jeweler make it into two seperate rings so that my sister and I would have matching rings. Seeing her jewelry being put back into evidence is just so hard. I will have to fly back down here in a couple of months to get it back again. I wish that the pieces I put aside to give to Lauren and Victoria as rememberances of my mother could stay in the pretty little boxes that were in my jewelry box where they belonged. Today they are in a plastic ziplock bag marked evidence.

I also had to identify my mothers earring backs that were left in evidence after the first trial. She had these flat earring backs that locked onto the earring posts. They were found in the room with her body. The district attorney placed them in my hand and said "are these your mother's earring backs?" I then looked at them in my hand and they still had her dried blood on them. I almost lost it. It was horrible and I have been bursting into tears ever since.

The Medical Examiner came in to testify after me, and I could not stay in the courthouse during that. Some of my family stayed but most of us left.

Then the defense brought their three crazy witnesses and the defense and prosecuters rested.

Tomorrow is closing remarks and then it will be up to the jury. We might have a verdict tomorrow afternoon or evening, but it could go on to the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment