Thursday, October 1, 2009

Trial Update

Yesterday was a tough day in court. It started with my Aunt Janet (my mother's twin) giving her testimony. It was difficult to hear my mom's voice again on the recorded phone conversation. She was distraught to say the least that morning. Her father was dying and she had a million things to do. She was really sick with a cold and felt horrible. She almost breaks into tears a couple of times with all the pressure she was under. She tells her sister "God, I really wish you were here" she ends the conversation with that sound in her voice like she was trying to fight back the tears because someone was at the door.

After my Aunt went, the brought on my Uncle Dennis and Aunt Barbara. They went into detail what it was like for them to go into the house and find my mother dead.

Then the testimony of the Detective started and how he interviewed basically everyone on this crazy island, had police dogs and the whole police academy searching for my Mother's ring and anything they could use. How they came up with nothing. Then we started to get into the interviews that he had with Gosiminski. I think I heard about three different stories of what he was doing that morning. We heard his taped interview at the police station. How he hardly knew my mother......and lie after lie...

After the detective was finished, Gosciminski's boss gave her testimony, how Gosciminski was not in the office that morning, the excuses that he gave her..... How he told her that he had a company that he sold for 4million dollars and he didn't really need to work, how he was selling his condo to Celine Dion, and offered to take everyone out on his yacht..........

She also told of the story of how Gosciminski got into the position he was in at the Assisted Living Facility. He was hired as the Janitor, but on the morning that he was going into new hire orientation the person that was hired as the marketing director arrived drunk. They sent her home and promoted him to the marketing director position...... I swear I am not making this up.

Court was done for the day and so was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment