Saturday, October 3, 2009

Friday Trial Update

The day started with the witness Balderman, I will call him one of the most honest people I know. He was driving to find a job. He was unemployed and looking to find work at a tire shop. Along his route “Nature Called” and he pulled off the side of the road in a heavily wooded area to do his “business”. While he was there he found my Mother’s fanny pack. He said it was filthy and looked like it had been in many rainstorms. He said he was in a hurry so he picked it up and placed it on the floorboard of his truck. He wanted to see if he could get it back to whom it belonged to because he saw credit cards and check books and thought someone would be missing them. He started driving back down the highway and ants started to pour out of it. He pulled off the road again and this time shook it out and found some phone numbers that he tried to call so that he could find who this belonged to. He reached my father at home in CT, and my dad had him call the police. Finding this fanny pack where he did…en route and close to the bank that Gosciminski deposited the money that was in it helps the case tremendously. I will be forever grateful to Mr. Balderman for his honesty and perseverance to do the right thing.

After Balderman, Ben Thomas was next. He is the person that Gosciminski wants the jury to think murdered my mom. It was long and tedious and crazy. Believe me….in no way did Ben Thomas murder my mom. I am sure the jury agrees.

Next was Debra Thomas. She was Gosciminski’s girlfriend…the one he gave my mom’s ring to the afternoon of the murder. She told the police that she saw Gosciminski washing blood off of his arms around lunch time. That he had a pile of his favorite clothes and that it too was covered with blood. That after the murder his clothes and shoes were gone. He said he had to get rid of them. This testimony took a long time and the defense tried to pick at it. They didn’t prove any thing except for the fact that Gosciminski is a big fat liar.

The day ended with the defense cross examining Debra. They asked her if she knew that they made $10,000 at the yard sale. She said "Is that what he told you?" With that the jury and my family burst into laughter. The jury was sent away and my family received an admonishment from the judge. I think that was pretty funny.

I am home for the weekend. I will be leaving Sunday night to go back to Florida. We expect more witnesses next week and hopefully we will have a guilty verdict by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment