Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our Last Words

I remember my last conversations I had with my mother like they were just yesterday. She was in Florida trying to get my Grandfather comfortable and moved into an Assisted Living Facility, Lyford Cove. She wasn't feeling well and all she wanted to do was to come home. She missed her family and wanted to know all about what we were up to.

She called me because she was trying to figure out how to get my Grandfathers personal items to the assisted living facility. She told me all about meeting Michael Gosciminski. She had arranged for him to come over and move the furniture for her. He was going to do this free of charge since she was a customer. She said he was so nice to do this for her.

She told me that he thought her jewelry was really nice and that he was really into jewelry. She told me that he was going to be getting a two carat engagement ring for his girlfriend just like hers. That his girlfriend liked diamonds and emeralds just like her. He wanted my mom to take a look at the ring before he gave it to his girlfriend to make sure it was a nice diamond......

I thought that this was strange. I told her that deliveries for furniture usually cost $150 for my own Home Furnishings store. I told her how to find a mover that would professionally move the pieces. I thought his interest in her jewelry was strange.

Little did we know but the diamond ring he was referring to was hers. That he would brutally murder her for it.

I told her I loved her and she said that she loved me too, give Lauren a kiss for her, and she would see me soon........

Posted by Nancy Hilliard

No comments:

Post a Comment