Monday, September 21, 2009

Jury selection starts today...


Today is the beginning of jury selection. Jenny, one of our best friends is joining my sister in the court room today. Jenny was like a daughter to my mom. Karen and I think of her as a sister. As I write this morning I am reminded of all the things this Jury is not going to get to hear....

They will not be even referring to my mom by her name. She will simply be known as "The Victim". They will not hear of the 27 years she dedicated to the Girl Scouts, that she was a PTA mom, that she lit up a room, that she was always the friend that you could turn to, that she was the best mom, friend, wife, sister, ever.

The pictures they will see of her are gruesome. They will not get to see her beautiful face. Michael Gosciminski destroyed it.

They will not hear all the evidence from our civil case. That Gosciminski was arrested weeks before murdering my mother for breaking his girlfriends arm. That numerous patients families had jewelry stolen from the nursing home he worked at. That a hunting knife was taken from a patient, placed in a safe that Gosciminski had access to, and then was missing after the murder.

They will hear of the murderous path Gosciminski took...and the trail he left with his cell phone right to the front door of my Grandfathers house. They will hear my Mother's last words. Her last telephone conversation was captured on her twin sisters trading firm's records. She says goodbye someone is at the door.....

No comments:

Post a Comment