Friday, September 25, 2009

Jury selection continues....

Jury selection is going to continue today. I spoke with Karen late last night and she said that it was really hard being in the court room. She said that the defense attorney was questioning the jury candidates and asking them if they thought they could look at bloody, gruesome, crime scene photos. Needless to say they lost alot of candidates.

Seven years ago today is the day that I found out my Mother was killed. It was the worst day in my life. It started at 7am. My Aunt Lore (my father's sister) called and said that she wanted to bring over something for Lauren before she left for work. At 7:30 she arrived on my door step with my Uncle Eddie' (my father's brother). I thought this was strange. They both looked a wreck. They sat me down and told me my mother had died and that they really didn't know any details...she was dead. I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I felt feelings that no body should have to feel. After I calmed down a little we called my Dad. He told me my mother was murdered. I can not even describe to you how that felt. It is a place I hope you will never have to go.

That day the news rippled throughout my family. Each of us crumbling. The news was too awful to handle. My grandmother (father's mother) had a heart attack when she was told. My mother's father died. Something in all of us died that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment